This rule helped me get into my dream size. Losing weight finally felt good

This rule helped me get into my dream size.  Losing weight finally felt good

More and more dietitians are moving away from recommending restrictive diets, which may discourage the fight against excess weight. The 80/20 rule works perfectly in this situation. See what exactly it is.

Losing weight is often a really serious challenge. It requires systematicity and strong will. For many people, this is a difficult time, full of temptations. We are often tempted to reach for an unhealthy snack or favorite dessert. However, it is known that you should not do such things on a diet. But what if we bend this rule slightly? There is a method that will help you get rid of unwanted kilograms, and you don’t have to give up the pleasure of eating your favorite delicacies. Also check what mistakes we most often make when losing weight. You can also use clever tricks while eating to make the sides disappear.

What is the 80/20 rule when losing weight?

A common problem in maintaining a healthy diet is the “all or nothing” approach. Most of us believe that if we are in the process of losing weight, we should completely give up all high-calorie dishes and snacks. The beloved pizza, grandma’s cheesecake or ice cream from the best ice cream parlor in town are put aside. However, it turns out that you don’t have to act this way.

This is demonstrated by the 80/20 rule. It is based on the assumption that 80 percent of the time we eat only healthy, nutritious and low-processed products. In turn, for the remaining 20 percent we can afford “eating sins”. If a person’s daily requirement is, for example, 2,000 kcl, then 20 percent of it, i.e. 400 kcl, can be spent on eating and drinking literally anything you want. These can be sweets, fast food or alcohol. If 20 percent seems too much to you, you can use the analogous 90/10 rule.

How to apply the 80/20 rule when losing weight?

The 80/20 rule when losing weight does not have to be applied on a daily basis. It can also be cumulative and refer to the entire week, when, for example, on Friday you feel like having a “cheat day”, i.e. a day of eating whatever you want. Introducing the 80/20 rule into your weight loss plan will help you avoid becoming too focused on perfectionism when it comes to healthy eating, which can often lead to frustration.

Despite eating a lot of vegetables and fruit and taking care to properly balance meals, a person who is losing weight can also indulge in his or her favorite delicacies. It is important, however, that you can, but do not have to, give yourself permission to eat unhealthy snacks. In practice, this means that if on a given day or week the balance was, for example, 90/10 – you do not have to force yourself to eat some unhealthy sweet to achieve an 80/20 distribution. This solution is intended primarily for people who are unable to completely eliminate sweets and unhealthy snacks from their daily diet, but who also care about a healthy and rational diet. Thanks to this, you can consciously combine both elements.

Similar Posts